The new proposed project with Qatar Telecommunication System and additional Automatic
Weather Station (AWS) is to enhance the following services.
- Weather Forecasting
- Marine Forecasting
- Now Casting
- Early Warning System
- Now-casting capability using radar and satellite products in addition to the proposed
Automatic Weather Stations shall provide a much comprehensive monitoring of real-time
weather condition at strategic locations.
- Provide advanced forecast system to support the preparation and verification of
routine forecast products based from outputs of Numerical Weather Production models.
- Timely gathering of meteorological data shall be used for production of accurate
analyses and short-term predictions of different whether phenomena.
- Shall provide for the “Enhanced Early Warning and Forecast System” by capacitating
Qatar Meteorological Department and local Disaster Managers with Decision Support
tools and information that will be needed to address the dissemination of timely
and accurate weather forecasts and warnings.
- A nationwide out-bound dissemination of information through an enhanced web-based
Information System is included in the project proposal in order to address information
access that is available to concerned individual or institutions.
- Forecast improvements in marine and related phenomena can be realized through the
installation of marine buoys & Rigs weather station and shall provide additional
navigational aids for maritime shipping requirement.
- The Road Weather Information System (RWIS) that will put in the strategic locations
in five (5) Fast high way will provide road weather information, Warning & Safety
Tips to the public motorist.